In an era of rapid global economic transformation, micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) find themselves at the crossroads of challenges and opportunities. As essential drivers of economic growth and innovation, MSMEs hold immense potential for generating prosperity and employment, both locally and on the global stage. However, to tap into their full potential, MSMEs require access to resources, knowledge, and support that can empower them to excel and compete internationally.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
In response to this imperative need for MSMEs to thrive in the global marketplace, the Philippine Trade Training Center – Global MSME Academy, in collaboration with the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and Proxtera, is set to hold the Financial Fitness Fair 2023.
This hybrid event, scheduled for October 24-25, 2023 aims to create a nurturing environment that equips MSMEs with the vital knowledge, resources, and opportunities required to elevate their businesses to new heights and compete on a global scale. The event is set to be attended by hundreds of online and onsite participants to be staged at the PTTC-GMEA in Pasay City.
PTTC-GMEA Executive Director Nelly Nita N. Dillera expressed her enthusiasm for the event, stating, “the Financial Fitness Fair 2023 is a beacon of hope for MSMEs seeking to thrive in today’s dynamic global economy. This collaborative effort between the PTTC-GMEA, the Monetary Authority of Singapore, and Proxtera is a testament to our commitment to empower MSMEs and provide them with the tools they need to succeed in a competitive world.”
The event features an array of offerings tailored to meet the unique requirements of MSMEs, including:
- SME Financial Empowerment (SFE) Program: Attendees will gain free access to foundational and global literacy courses, along with Green Financing courses, through the SME Financial Empowerment (SFE) platform.
- Global Financial Services: MSMEs will have the opportunity to access global financial services and receive valuable assistance.
- Business Clinics: The event will provide practical guidance and support to address the specific challenges and concerns of MSMEs.
- Opportunities in the Singapore Market: Attendees will gain insights and pathways to explore and enter the dynamic Singaporean market.
The SME Financial Empowerment (SFE) Program, in partnership with the Monetary Authority of Singapore, the International Finance Corporation (IFC), and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), aims to foster foundational digital literacy and a profound understanding of cross-border financial services crucial to the success of SMEs in the digital economy. Launched in the Philippines on August 12, 2022, with unwavering support from the local business and fintech community, the program proudly boasts key partnerships with Globe Group, Esquire Financing, and UNOBank.
The program encompasses several vital courses:
- Foundational Financial Literacy: Equipping learners with fundamental financial concepts, financial discipline, and introductory financial service options.
- Global Financial Literacy Course: Offering guidance on expanding businesses into new markets, embracing innovative digital financing options, and harnessing digital networks.
- Green Financing Course: Focusing on the impact and benefits of green financing for businesses, alongside practical tools to initiate green financial practices.
This event is a critical milestone in the journey towards empowering and nurturing the growth of MSMEs. The Financial Fitness Fair 2023 promises to be an unparalleled opportunity for MSMEs to seize the global stage and reach new heights.
The Philippine Trade Training Center – Global MSME Academy (PTTC-GMEA) is a government agency under the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) that provides training and capacity-building programs to micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in the Philippines. PTTC-GMEA aims to enhance the competitiveness and productivity of MSMEs through skills development, knowledge sharing, and networking opportunities. For more information, visit www.pttc.gov.ph.
For further information on the release, please get in touch with:
DTI-TPG-Philippines Trade Training Center (PTTC)
GF PTTC Building,
Telephones: (+632) 7263.2878 / 7263.7691/ TeleFax: 8834.1341
Contact Person: Mr. Gerald David